19 replies to this topic

#1 The Allergist

The Allergist

I am The Allergist, Koo-Koo-Atchoo

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

The Allergist was happy. He was outside again, under the blue Metro City sky. He had his beloved flamethrower back. And he was working for the good of everyone.

Being a distraction was a great job. He was great at it.

A lot of people were already pretty distracted as soon as they saw a man in a doctor's coat and a gas mask walk onto campus holding a flamethrower. They were even more distracted when he walked over to a tree and turned it on.

Fwoosh! That was one tree that wouldn't spew its pollen any more. Doing good felt good.

Ah, I see what the problem is. I prescribe FIRE! And maybe some Benadryl. But mostly fire!

Characters: Ace | The Allergist | Jennifer Bryans | Sable | Luna | Coll

#2 Meltron

Meltron

Corrupted Brilliance

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

On a bench in the campus quad sat a man. In his hands was a newspaper. Just beneath him, a sewer grate...

And beneath that grate... an army.

Meltron was waiting at the grate, men behind him with guns and empty satchels at the ready, waiting for the signal... impatiently. He could hear the fwoosh of the good doctor's weapon, the initial screams, but the lookout's foot stayed impertinently untapped. How long could it possibly take to draw attention?

Flamethrower wielding supervillains, am I right?

meltronhands_zps7334ec7d.png

#3 Spider

Spider

Urban camper

• Renegades
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Spider looked up from where she was planting mint behind the sweetspire bushes. Even the gardeners ignored the spaces between the ornamental shrubs and the buildings, and mint grew just fine in the shade between other plants. Better than fine, actually; if the place wasn't regularly pruned and mowed, she wouldn't introduce mint at all. Two years unattended, and the space between buildings would be likely to be nothing but mint.

But the gardeners here were diligent; non-grass plants didn't really have a chance to take hold in the open areas, and the trees were pruned to keep them as green or colorful as intended.

Except for now. Now, some jerk with a flamethrower was converting the trees from "restfully picturesque flora" to "demented stoner art project," only he seemed to have missed the fact that those trees don't have any interesting chemicals when they go up in smoke. (Linnet didn't know the details about those particular trees, but she did know that every college campus in the nation had removed all the interesting-smokable plants from their campuses sometime in the 60s--most because they wanted to avoid legal complications; some because the students' harvesting made the trees look ragged and not very brochure-worthy.)

Spider left her unauthorized garden and walked toward the man, weaving between the people yelling and running away, secure in the knowledge that nobody would notice someone moving at a casual pace in the unexpected direction. She could see his intense focus on the trees themselves, how he wanted to destroy them all, how each one that turned to ash was a triumph for him.

But that wasn't all he was doing. That was most of it, but there was a shine of higher purpose around him. He was glorying in what he was doing, but it was also dedicated to another goal. She moved closer, hoping she'd get some hint of what else was going on.

SpiderLin_banner.jpg
I also play: Fauna

#4 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Sandy McTaggart was taking a proactive stance about her future, which meant she was spending the day touring one of the colleges that dotted Metro City. It also meant she was skipping class with permission, and just sort of goofing off in general as she wandered the campus. Ostensibly, trying to figure out if it was right for her.

But she doubted anyone would blame her if she admitted she just wanted a day to goof off with. Because goofing off was good!

Naturally some dickhead with military hardware had to fuck it up by setting shit on fire. And since Sandy was more or less a hero now she had to act in opposition. So she did!

Her initial reaction was several things at once; she slipped off her diadem, stashing it in her bag and bringing up the mental walls she had recently learned to erect, which helped in preserving her own sanity as well as the privacy of others. She then made herself insignificant and threaded her way discretely through the fleeing crowds, coming up on the Allergist as he continued his wanton spree. Taking up a position behind the corner of a nearby wall, she could watch him and wait for a chance to act with more momentum.

And in the interest of figuring out what the hell was going on, the teen cautiously opened up her mind and peered in at the Allergists' thoughts.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#5 The Allergist

The Allergist

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

The Allergist's head was sort of a weird place.

Burning! Man, this is great. Haha, take that, tree! I'm the best distraction. That was the top layer of thought, as upbeat and cheery as a toddler playing.

die i hate you die you took her die was the layer under it. He really hated that tree.

Maybe killing this one will finally bring her back? whispered a forlorn voice at the bottom of his mind.

He hadn't noticed yet that some people were coming towards him rather than running away. He was too caught up in his work, burning trees, grass, and bushes gleefully.

Ah, I see what the problem is. I prescribe FIRE! And maybe some Benadryl. But mostly fire!

#6 Flashpoint

Flashpoint

Totally not a ninja

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

Anthony walked out of the engineering building, suitcase in his hand, crisp suit a little less crisp after having had it lay on the back of a lecture hall chair. He was just leaving a guest lecture he'd given on the modern state of microelectronics and micromachinery, so naturally his mind was filled with all kinds of ideas about how to make things better with the various projects he was working on. 

The acrid smell of smoke met his nose and he didn't quite know what to do with it. At first he thought maybe the building was burning, which seemed like a reasonable sort of thing to happen to a building where overeager students were playing with extremely large batteries and other flammables, but that didn't seem right. If that was the case, the building's smoke alarms would have been going off. He took a look around him and really looked, and that's when he saw the maniac setting trees on fire. 

What in the... he thought, already beginning to finger the latch to the secret compartment in his suitcase. He had his auxiliary suit with him (and by auxiliary he meant old and outdated) and went to go find somewhere private and discreet where he could change. He would have to make it to his car, though, to retrieve his sword, but that wouldn't be an issue. 

Sheet // Other Characters: Addy Decker - El Angelo - Warpfield and Blip

#7 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Sandy frowned at the cacophony that was the Allergist's mind, wondering what the hell had happened to bring him to all this.

Can't let him keep that toy, she thought, peering at the flamethrower. How to take it away, though?

Actually, no; that man had to be disabled before people got hurt, or he set a red maple on fire. She was certain he hadn't done so, or Beatrix Potter would already be here tearing him to bloody gibbets. Which would make everything just so much easier, wouldn't it?

Then the second question occurred to her: What does he think he's distracting from? This was, potentially, a more alarming question than the first few. But she couldn't waste time thinking about it!

Still hidden, she reached out, grasped a burning limb with her mind, and sent it hurtling toward the Allergist as fast as she could push it. It was the biggest limb she thought she could lift, too, and the flames were quite high and merry.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#8 The Allergist

The Allergist

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

The Allergist wasn't the most observant person in the world, but a huge burning tree limb is kind of hard to miss. He managed to duck out of the way at the last second, then looked around. It didn't look like anyone had thrown the branch.

"Who did that?" he asked indignantly. "Don't you know I'm trying to help you? I'll make you understand."

He concentrated, and sent out a cloud of allergy toxin. It was actually visible as a sickly-yellow cloud in the air, quickly expanding in all directions from where he stood.

#9 Flashpoint

Flashpoint

Totally not a ninja

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

Flashpoint teleported to his sword, then made his way back to where he'd seen the Allergist. He got there just in time to see the flying flame branch fly at the Allergist. He ran towards the Allergist, ready to cut the man's fuel line, but then began choking on the cloud of toxin. He quickly thumbed a button on his wrist, activating the air purifiers in his mask, though enough of the toxin had made it inside of his mask that Flashpoint began coughing. He whipped his sword around, trying to keep the Allergist at bay as he cleared his throat. 

I thought this guy was in jaill Flashpoint thought, Jesus, but this guy is irritating to fight.

Sheet // Other Characters: Addy Decker - El Angelo - Warpfield and Blip

#10 Oscar Lumin

Oscar Lumin

• Renegades
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

*TING*

The sound emanated from a quarter as it flipped through the air, slowly spinning in front of Oscar. He could see the sides alternate, one by one. Heads, tails, heads, tails.

It had been a while since he had been to this school. Years, probably, but today was a special exception. Professor Arngier, one of the front runners for summa cum laude in Oscar's class, was having an open forum regarding robotics, specifically assisted movement. Sure, it was meant for old people barely able to stand, not for heroes trying to build a mechanized suit for superhuman movement, but it was the same basic principle. He thought over the logistics of it as the coin began to fall back to earth.

That was when he walked past a conference room with a good view. Good was subjective, really, considering the madman with a flamethrower and a landscape of burning flora. "Annnnd that's probably a bad thing," he said aloud while searching for the bathroom. Right around the corner, excellent. He began running as time resumed its normal speed, the quarter bounced on the ground behind him.

After scrambling into one of the stalls, he opened his laptop bag that he carried with him, greeted by the white and gold jumpsuit and folded helmet. He wrestled the jumpsuit out of the bag after clambering out of his business attire. Oscar wasn't exactly nimble when it came to the jumpsuit. Had anyone else been in the stalls, they would have heard of cacophony of grunts and 'why-do-jumpsuits-only-come-in-one-piece-this-is-ridiculous-get-on-my-leg-I-have-to-go's. Eventually he escaped from the stall, gold and white jumpsuit with matching helmet, holding a flesh-searing laser in one hand, a laptop bag stuffed with a suit in the other. On his way out, Luxius threw the bag underneath the now-abandoned front desk.

He burst out of the front door, refit pistol extended at arm's length. "Freeze or burn!" he shouted at the pyromaniac, roughly 100 feet away from him. He slowed his view of time so that he could react quickly to any sudden movements. "Shit, that sounded way better in my head," he began murmuring, "Freezer burn is what happens when you leave meat in the freezer for too long. Oh well, what's done is done." He continued brandishing the laser, not even noticing the cloud of noxious gas approaching him.

#11 The Allergist

The Allergist

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, and even hives if they stood in it for too long greeted all who dared to face the Allergist's toxin. It wasn't concentrated enough to swell anyone's throat shut, but it would make life seriously unpleasant for a little while.

Telekinetics, people with swords, and now someone pointing a gun at him...maybe it was time to take this distraction on the road. The Allergist set fire to the rows of flowers lining one of the paved paths, for maximum dramatic/heroic effect, and then began sprinting down it.

#12 Meltron

Meltron

Corrupted Brilliance

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

The lookout tapped his foot three times, and stood to "run away".

Meltron smiled, and motioned to his men. "Move."

From their bolthole they poured, fully geared up as they quickly and quietly snuck into the university records facility, all eyes finally fixed on the Allergist's rampage.

If it was... convenient, they would collect him again. But it was a low priority. Whatever happens.

Meltron smirked to himself once he exited the bolthole last. This shall be quite the haul...

#13 Spider

Spider

Urban camper

• Renegades
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Spider watched the flamethrower-guy start to run away. He seemed... accomplished, which was odd for such a random attack. He hadn't really done anything--well, he'd committed a bit of arson, and the people caught in the smoke were coughing pretty hard, but that hardly seemed worth the effort and risk of being caught. She saw Sandy and a guy with a spirit-sword going after him, and someone else with a gun whose aiming-threads moved oddly. One of them would probably catch up with him, or slow him down enough for the police to show up. In any case, he hadn't done a lot of damage; he'd caused a great deal of confusion and fear, but that kind of thing settled quickly.

But the man running away wasn't leaving his task half-done. He had pulled his attention away from what he was burning, like he had only intended to torch a few trees. He had a serious, intense interest in torching plants... it didn't quite make sense that he'd give up so easily, instead of staying to go after more of them.

She was watching him so carefully she almost missed a familiar pattern on the other side of campus. Would have missed it, if there weren't a connection between them. Mister Torch was working with someone, and the someone--hey, she knew that someone!--was nearby, with a team of goons.

Linnet dropped her mental shields and did the aura-equivalent of waving her arms at Sandy. Hey! Notice me! I've got info for you!

SpiderLin_banner.jpg

#14 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

As soon as the cloud appeared around the Allergist, Sandy knew she had to retreat. No way would she let whatever that was envelop her, even if she didn't know for sure what it was. Although with a name like the Allergist, it was probably some kind of allergen? That made sense.

So in accordance with this new plan, the redhead fell back from the cloud, careful to keep her attention-deflecting shields up. Until she noticed Linnet, anyway. "Huh?" she muttered, looking around at the older woman. Apparently she'd been hiding too! Now with somewhere to go Sandy changed directions and went toward Lin, breathing evenly to keep control. "Hey, what's up?" she asked as she approached.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#15 Spider

Spider

Urban camper

• Renegades
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Lin pointed at the guy running away, and then in the direction of the archives building. "I think the flamethrower was a distraction; he wants to keep torching trees but he's also letting go of them, and there's some kind of connection..." she took a breath. "Sorry. Babbling." She got caught up in watching the threads sometime, forgot that other people wanted specific details instead of the layout of the whole web.

"Meltron's that way!" she said, and pointed again.

SpiderLin_banner.jpg

#16 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Meltron...? Sandy thought blankly, recalling the events of that trip to the bank. But...

But she had to do something! She was the only one here! Well, no, there was Lin and some other guy, but Lin was no good in a pitched fight and she had no clue who that other guy even was. And he didn't seem so useful from here, just standing there boasting while a noxious cloud of allergens descended on him.

Ergo? It was up to Sandy. As usual.

First thing was to get within range; she took a deep breath and dashed toward Meltron, using her powers to propel herself faster through the cloud. Once she was close enough she reached out and slammed the open door in Meltron's face, cutting him off from his men. She concentrated intensely, and the handles broke off, twisted in on each other; the door was thus sealed tight, at least for now.

"Remember me, asshole?" she declared, striding toward the slimy villain and halting perhaps fifteen paces away. "I kicked your ass before, and I'll do it again! You're all alone this time!"

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#17 Meltron

Meltron

Corrupted Brilliance

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Meltron, to that point, had a private, slightly amused smile on his face. When the redheaded annoyance came before him, it fell away with the speed of a stone off of a failing wooden shelf.

"... no. I don't remember you," he said with an air of disdain, "and that's not all you are incorrect about."

A small metal stick popped out of the side of his armor, centering itself in front of his mouth. "Can we get five men to rally on my position ASAP?" he spoke into it, temporarily breaking his gaze on the girl before him. "... thank you... now!" he said, eyes back on her, "you were saying something about... kicking my ass?"

#18 Oscar Lumin

Oscar Lumin

• Renegades
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

'Flamethrower guy,' as Luxius had temporarily dubbed him, lit a path ablaze for himself and began running. "Homicidal maniacs never actually do stop when you tell them to, do they?" He rolled his eyes, pulling the trigger, releasing the finely tuned blue laser from its housing. The laser flashed on and he focused it on the fuel tank, hoping to bring a stop to his escapades. The man was far enough away that Luxius could do no real damage to it, only warm it up quite a bit, which is why he began his pursuit.

Regrettably, this is when the cloud of spores reached him. He backed away, coughing with a mixture of the uncontrollable urge to sneeze, yet not being able to. He wrenched the glass door back and clambered inside, halting the cloud at the door. He observed the cloud, pushing helplessly against the door. "Okay! Yellow cloud"-cough-"is a bad cloud." He began plotting a second route, ideally in the general direction of flamethrower guy. Sure enough, a hallway that led across the building was not too far away.

After a bit more coughing and throat clearing, he took off down the hall. He glanced at the rooms as he ran, clearly he had run into the art wing of the engineering building. The logical issues of having an art wing in an engineering building confused him, but after all it was a newer world. A new world with ridiculous metal sculptures being sold for thousands of dollars. He didn't see it, he saw metal. Metal should be used to make robots. Or armor. Or something useful. But art? Psh.

He came to the door at the end of the hall. "Locked. Of course." He aimed the laser, releasing the bright blue once more, cutting around the lock mechanism and letting the door swing free. As he passed through the door, he unfastened the little chunk of lock still remaining in the door frame, letting it drop to the ground. "Oh, never mind, it's unlocked." 

The room gave him a nice view of the burning courtyard and luckily the spores hadn't quite consumed the immediate area. He ran to the glass windows, large enough for him to walk through... if they weren't solid. "You know what would break glass?" He said aloud, "bullets break glass. Lasers do not." It didn't take much searching to notice the little metal sculptures on the professor's desk. He grabbed one of the larger ones, specifically the one that was basically a hunk of iron with some washers welded on. "Oh come on, this is easily an F." He hurled it at the window, shattering it completely. "A+ In functionality, though."

He emerged into daylight once again and resumed his chase of flamethrower guy, not even considering the unlikeliness of someone with a vendetta solely against the campus' pine trees. Even if it was partially and curiously correct.

#19 The Allergist

The Allergist

• Villains
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

When he realized that there didn't seem to be much pursuit happening, the Allergist paused and doubled back. He found a wide grassy area between two buildings that looked like it hadn't been mowed in a while, and blasted with his flamethrower.

Lots of people had grass allergies. And grass didn't even feed anyone or anything. It was just there to look nice. Well, it looked nicer now that it was on fire.

When he noticed a breaking window, he sent out another puff of allergen in that direction.

#20 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Sandy just scoffed. "Really? That didn't work last time, bozo."

A nearby lamppost ripped itself out of the ground; the five men whom Meltron summoned were met by fifteen feet of metal and concrete to their faces, slamming them into the school building and knocking them out cold.

"I can do this all day, Fucktron, and look good doing it. Now maybe you should surrender before I really get mad, hm?"

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monthly plot, Allergist, open, Meltron, Spider, Sandy, Flashpoint, Luxius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

OUR SUPER BEST FRIENDS
WPR RPG-D Bordertown