55 replies to this topic

#41 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:48 AM

Quinn was awful shifty all of a sudden, Sandy couldn't help but notice. Was she unconsciously trying to tell her something? Maybe the topic of lesbians made her uncomfortable, or maybe...

Maybe she was secretly one herself...? No, no way. Sandy wasn't that lucky.

"I can protect myself," she replied softly, for some reason transfixed by Quinn's hand stroking back and forth from her vantage point down by the table. Wish that was MY arm, she thought wistfully.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#42 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:11 AM

"Yeah, I guess." She didn't shrug. "I dunno, I've just heard a lot of...stories. About...like, being kicked out and stuff." She looked down at the table. 

"Glad I don't have to worry about that." She gave a small, weak laugh. "I hope you find someone, though. It'd be really nice, I'm sure." 

#43 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

"Well... I haven't come out to my parents yet," Sandy admitted. "Just my brother and my close friends. Which, um, I guess we're friends now? Is that okay?"

She didn't know why it wouldn't be okay, but Quinn had a reputation for being weird, so whatever. "Don't you?" she asked, peering closely at the other girl. "Well, I hope it's nice, too."

She looked up, at a point over her shoulder. "Can we hold hands, though? For a minute, at least?" Was it weird, to just come out and ask for this stuff? She didn't know, she felt so fish-out-of-water.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#44 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:58 AM

"I...I'm not..." She shook her head and her cheeks flared red. She pushed her chair back. "I don't know what you heard but, I'm just...I'm not like that..." Her hands were freezing over, involuntarily as she pushed herself back, effectively freezing her hands to the table. Stupid powers. She tried making the ice melt, but she was just a little too worked up to do it. She pulled at them, trying to just break the ice and instead just pulling the table closer. She probably looked quite pathetic. 

#45 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

Sandy was alarmed, to say the least. She hadn't meant to incite this much reaction from her new friend. "Q-Quinn, calm down," she said soothingly, standing up slowly. "Hey, it's okay, I didn't mean anything. We don't have to- I mean, we're not that way if you don't want to. You're not a lesbian, that's fine. That's fine!"

She should probably help out. Or try to; for all she knew, anything Quinn made from ice couldn't be broken except by her. "I'll get you out!" She went around, focused tightly, and aimed a tight psychic burst at the ice trapping Quinn to the table. Well, not so much the ice itself but the table right next to it; no sense breaking Quinn's hands, right?

She could deal with teenage turmoil once this was dealt with. Sandy had gotten rather good at that, to her dismay.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#46 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

There were times in one's life where one must sit and re-analyze the choices that brought them to that moment. Perhaps if they had just stuck with something they had quit, perhaps if they had taken the road untravelled, perhaps if they had let their emotional guards down with that trusted friend, things could have been different. Perhaps this moment would cease to exist, perhaps they would have had some much more pleasant alternative to the predicament they had found themselves in at that moment. Perhaps it had been their destiny, destroyed by their own foolish hands. 

This was not one of those moments for Quinn, because she did not have the time for such introspection. Instead, she had a rapidly flipping table approaching her face. Which is similar in a lot of ways, however it is significantly more pressing of a concern, being that a table can do quite some damage to the fragile bones that make up a typical teenage girl's face. So her body, mostly on it's own accord, because it was a fairly good body and sought to protect itself above self-criticism, unleashed what could be called a wall of ice from her hands. It flashed into existence faster than Quill realized she could even manage, and filled the room from ceiling to floor, though it was only about a foot thick. The table smashed into the wall of ice, and smashed into a few pieces. The brass door knob hit the ground next to Sandy's feet with a loud thump. 

Quinn was breathing heavily, clearly a little shocked with everything that had just happened. A few seconds later, she pressed her now free hands to the ice wall and it disintegrated, making the shag carpet very soggy with water, and likely causing a huge mold problem. The few people in the restaurant were now staring at her.

"Sandy, we need to go before the owner shows up." She looked paler than normal, which was quite a feat since she was generally already the color of marble. She stood up, grabbed Sandy's hand and pulled her towards the exit at a quick pace. 

#47 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

This was not what Sandy had planned. She hadn't wanted to freak Quinn out, and she certainly hadn't wanted to send a large metal doortable into her face! She realized her mistake a split second too late, too late to correct herself, and could only gasp in horror, mouth agape as she waited for Quinn to have a door bashed through her.

Only what she found herself staring at, instead of the teen's mangled body, was a solid wall of ice. And a broken door. Her eyes followed the fall of the brass knob, and numbly she bent down to pick it up and stick it in her pocket. Why? She didn't know. Why not? It was a nice door knob and didn't deserve to spend its life in this hipster hell.

When she looked back up, the wall was gone, her feet were wet, and Quinn had the facial complexion of dead fish. "Uh, yeah," she replied, hurrying after the redhead and back outside. She didn't let them stop, it was straight into the car, seat belts on, engine on, car backing out and away and Sandy didn't stop until a gas station appeared three blocks away.

Whereupon she pulled into its parking lot, parked the car, and burst into tears. "I'm sorry!" she cried, face buried in her arms as stress and adrenaline and grief overcame her.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#48 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

Quinn got in the car without a word. She was still breathing much more heavily than was healthy. She was glad she didn't have asthma. She'd probably be dead or something by now. Being dead sounded awfully boring. She looked over to Sandy who was now breaking down and blinked. While it had certainly gotten her heart racing, it wasn't anything...well, it wasn't the worst situation she had been in. Probably not even top 5. She sometimes forgot that other people didn't live such dramatic lives. 

"Hey, it's fine." She said and reached over and placed her hand on Sandy's back. "Everything's fine, okay?" 

#49 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Sandy shivered despite the heat, and turned toward Quinn at the hand on her back. "No it's not," she replied miserably, sniffling. "I r-ruined lunch, and you p-probably hate me now." She couldn't think of any other reason Quinn would have recoiled so badly when Sandy outed herself. "Ugh, I hope they didn't recognize us. They'd try and ch-charge my brother if they did!"

For the carpet, presumably. Unless the doortable was somehow worthwhile. She doubted it though.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#50 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

Quinn just laughed. She couldn't help it. Just the silliness of the whole thing. She pulled her hand back from Sandy's back to try and cover her mouth but it didn't much help. Quinn's laughter was almost bubbly in some ways. But it was wholly inappropriate at the time since Sandy was clearly distressed. She managed to calm down and shook her head.

"If anyone's going to get in trouble it's me. And you're fine, really." She flashed Sandy a quick smile. 

#51 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:38 AM

Sandy scowled a bit at the laughter, and looked away sullenly. Quinn had an awfully cute laugh, though, and she had to smile tentatively in response.

"W-Well... okay," she said, nodding a bit. "Um, are you still hungry? I'm starving, now..." She doubted she was up for more hipster restaurants, though, considering the nonexistent service at the last one.

Besides, now that she thought back on it, some of Quinn's responses and mannerisms were a bit... odd. And she wanted to know why! Clearly there were secrets afoot!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#52 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

Quinn returned to the time honored tradition of teenaged shrugging. "Sure. Where are we going?" 

#53 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

"I dunno," Sandy replied, shrugging herself. "But um, maybe somewhere with, like, service? And some employees, maybe?" She chuckled nervously. "That other place... it had nice decor, that's all I can say about it."

She sat back and thought about the question. "Um, I know a couple of buffets. I'm really that hungry, dunno about you."

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#54 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:23 AM

Quinn leaned back in her chair and yawned. Buffets were normally something she would deny out of principle, but....she was rather hungry. And she had already made Sandy upset once. Might as well indulge her. 

"Yeah, sure." She waved a hand gently to indicate she was passing responsibility.

#55 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

"Cool!" Sandy grinned and pulled out of the parking lot again. "You want Chinese? American? What's your poison?"

Now the question was, how to broach the real mysteries? Idle around to it, or just come right out and say it? Quinn seemed to get touchy about sex or whatever, so she basically had to tread lightly no matter what she did.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#56 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

"The second one, I guess." At least she could get french fries. French fries were basically the best food that existed. But it mostly didn't matter. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sandy, Quinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

OUR SUPER BEST FRIENDS
WPR RPG-D Bordertown