#1 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

October 2013

Classes were out for the day, and Sandy McTaggart swished a half-empty bottle of Mountain Dew in one hand as she ambled out the door of Wind Wielder High. She had recently started coming out, and so far had avoided huge explosions of drama. Which in itself was a relief, but on the other hand she would have liked it if more people cared. Maybe that was the downside of becoming mainstream; nobody paid attention anymore.

Finding a girlfriend was sort of a bust at this point too. How many other lesbians were there anyway? Supposedly the Finn twins were both gay, but Quinn the Lesser was a spineless emo and Quinn the Greater was a total ice queen. Or so Sandy had heard.

"Why me," she muttered, uncapping the soda and taking a swig. She wore a green t-shirt and cargo shorts that day, along with the usual sandals, and the power-limiting tiara was safely on her forehead where it belonged. Most of the students lugged heavy bookbags around, but Sandy just had a messenger bag, and at the moment it was half-empty.

Sometimes, being smart was a good thing.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#2 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

Quinn's bright red hair marked her from most. She further stood out by wearing a full purple and black dress with victorian patterns and long gloves. Her eyes were covered with dark sunglasses. Between her breasts hung a purple crystal. Crystals were awesome. This one in particular had been promised to make her enemies unlucky. She was sure it was working. That bitch Jessica failed her essay, and  everyone knew she was sleeping with the teacher. Quinn bet she was pregnant. 

She was sitting out in the parking lot, under her black-and-plum parasol. She got looks. But Quinn always got looks. Quinn had been sick today, so he didn't come to class. Their dad had said he'd pick her up, but somehow, Quinn doubted it. Her dad was a great guy, but he always got really into work and didn't always make time for his daughter. It was almost sad. 

Quinn wiped a bit of sweat off her brow. It would be better once all the teachers left and she could just make a little ice castle until he got here. She missed her old town, where it wasn't so fucking hot in October. 

#3 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Sandy let the crowd lead her along, for the most part, since it was headed for the parking lot and so was she so why not? She kept her thoughts to herself, and the crowd was lucky that their thoughts were being kept to themselves too. All in all, a splendid arrangement they were in utter ignorance of and oh the gratitude they owed to the tall teen knockout.

She was nearly at her sporty red convertible when she caught sight of another redhead. "Hm?" she hummed to herself, giving her fellow ginger a second glance. Weird clothes, weird accessories, self-absorbed aura...

No doubt about it, that was Quinn the Greater right there. Just sitting in the middle of the flow, getting weird looks. What a frigid bitch, Sandy thought, with no particular malice.

Abruptly she felt like striking up a conversation, so she moved to one side and arrived about two yards away from Quinn, somewhat in front of her and to her left. "You should make, like, an igloo," she offered, shifting the strap of her retro-cool messenger bag so it didn't pinch her chest so much. "Igloos are cool, right?" Pun intended, hell yeah.

Okay people, I've been thinking. When God gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make God take his lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your fucking lemons! What the hell am I supposed to DO with them?! Demand to see God's manager! Make him rue the day he thought he could give Sandy McTaggart lemons! Do you KNOW who I am?! I'm the girl who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my brother to buy me an incendiary lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!!

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#4 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Quinn glanced over at the girl talking to her. She raised an eyebrow, making it visible over her sunglasses. Who even talked to Quinn? Sure they had tried to be bullies at first, but that had stopped when their lips have frozen shut. Quinn spun her parasol a bit like she was contemplating her answer. 

"My mom'll kill me if I get suspended again." She admitted. Then, she shrugged. "What are you doing? Don't you know talking to someone like me will freeze your social life?" She sighed, wishing it wasn't true. Not because she actually cared about most people, but Ellie was embarrassed to be seen with her in public. 

#5 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

"I'm too cool for a social life," Sandy replied blithely, shrugging like it didn't matter. "Who needs one anyway? I have like three friends and everyone else can fuck off." She fidgeted with the strap of her bag again, aware that a few other students were also lurking around, waiting for their own rides and half-listening out of boredom. But she ignored them.

Quinn was lots more interesting.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#6 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

"Three is an unlucky number." Quinn told her. "You should cut someone loose. My psychic told me it was a bad year for three. Two's fine though, so me and Quinn are in good shape." She nodded sagely. Quinn loved her psychic. She was definitely the most trustworthy person in Quinn's life. Except for that time she gave her tea that made her feel funny and stole her purse. But that was just what made her lovable! 

"You can sit like a normal person if you want." Quinn was in expert in being a normal person™. 

#7 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

"Wouldn't it be better to add a new friend?" Sandy asked casually. "Well, I guess four isn't much luckier, is it. Not in Chinese anyway." Two new friends? Eh, better to not be so ambitious after school.

Quinn invited her to sit down, and since it was rude to reject invitations, Sandy did just that. "Are you waiting for someone?" she asked curiously, noting that the parking lot was emptier than it had been.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#8 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Quinn shrugged. "My dad. But he probably forgot. So I guess I'm here until after he gets off work." She looked down at her watch. "In about six hours." 

She shrugged again. "What about you?" 

She paused. "I'm Quinn, by the way. You've probably heard of me." 

#9 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Sandy nodded. "Sandy McTaggart," she offered with a smile. "And I've got my own car." She pointed at her car, a '67 Mustang convertible. "My brother worked it over personally, so it's awesome."

She glanced at her phone, looked around again. "That's too long to wait, can I offer you a ride home?" she asked politely.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#10 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

Quinn looked at the car, then looked at Sandy. "Well," She started, "It's a nice car. But..." She bit her lip. Did she trust just getting into the car with some stranger? I mean, she wasn't wearing a trench coat and a weird hat with a blacked out face, so Quinn guessed she was probably okay. She shrugged. 

"What the hell? Let's go." She stood up and closed her parasol and began to walk over to Sandy's car with a wicked sway to her hips. Because she could. 

#11 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

"Damn right it's a nice car," Sandy asserted with a smirk, jingling the keys as she walked to her side of it. Instead of opening the door, though, she just hopped over the edge and landed gracefully in the driver's seat. "Buckle up, okay? My insurance is high enough as it is."

She stuck the key in and turned it over; the engine roared to life almost immediately, and the redhead gunned it eagerly a few times. "You can stick your parasol behind the seats, there."

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#12 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

Quinn did so, then buckled her seatbelt. Even rebels like Quinn had to have some rules. She ran a gloved hand through her hair and straightened her sunglasses. 

"So, hey. You wanna get some food or something?" She smirked. "I know this terrible little fondue place." Quinn ate exclusively at terrible restaurants. It was her thing. "I'll pay." She added, for incentive. 

#13 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Sandy was down for food, but the thought of someone else paying for her? Not so enticing. On the other hand, if it was as terrible as Quinn said it was, maybe she ought to pay for it?

Abruptly, Sandy realized that Quinn was a hipster.

"Sure," she replied as she backed up and turned the car around. "Just gimme the address and we're off!"

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#14 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Quinn gestured a certain way. "It's like thirty blocks that way. On um..." She closed her eyes for a minute, thinking, "Palm ave, I think? The tree-names always throw me." She shrugged. 

"So are you new? I hadn't seen you around school." But then, Quinn didn't pay much attention to other people. 

#15 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

"I started at the beginning of this year," Sandy explained as they drove along 'that way', half certain they'd get lost. But that was okay, she could blame it on Quinn. "Before that I'd been homeschooled back in Alabama. Pretty sure it screwed me up." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe you've heard of my brother, Finley McTaggart? The Driver? He's been in town a lot longer, runs a big cab depot and shit."

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#16 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Quinn shrugged. "I don't think so. But I'm not big into cabs or anything." She looked over at Sandy.

"Why is your brother a cab driver? Isn't he...white?" She looked more confused than hateful. She had nothing against white cab drivers. She was just confused. Comedians had told her they were all middle eastern. And of course Quinn had no idea what a mental filter even was, much less how to use one.

#17 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

"Finley is very white," Sandy said with a shrug. "But not as white as me. I mean look at this shit!" and she thrust her arm out, practically under Quinn's nose. And just as proclaimed, she was pale as a fish. "I have to spend a fortune on sunscreen just to hang out at the pool!"

She took her arm back. "Tag's got it better than me, and I don't get it," she complained. "But I guess he spent enough time in the Middle East that he just adapted or something? I dunno."

Sandy's propensity for sunburning was clearly a sore spot with her.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#18 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Quinn smiled. "I'm no better. Why do you think I have a parasol?" Well, it was part of it. A smaller part. Mostly she just liked the way it looked. But the sun-protection benefit was an added bonus. 

"I've thought about moving somewhere up north. But I think my powers would be way less cool there. 'Oh you can make ice sculptures, eh? So can John Paul.' Or something."  She wasn't sure. It didn't matter. 

#19 Sandy McTaggart

Sandy McTaggart

Little Miss Badass

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

Come to think of it, Quinn did have that pale-ass white girl complexion too. Interesting.

"Or something," Sandy agreed with a smile. "I dunno though. I kinda like being outside despite the sun, and I imagine cold weather would interrupt that."

But snow, too. Fuck snow. She didn't say that though, since it might offend Quinn and her icy prowess.

Meet the girl!
Meet her brother!

#20 Quinn_Finn

Quinn_Finn

Frigid

• Superheroes
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Quinn shrugged. "I don't actually feel the cold, so it wouldn't bother me. Having ice powers would be pretty shitty if I did." She glanced over and pointed. 

"It should be over there a couple of blocks." She smiled. "I wonder if the mariachi band is going to be there today." 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sandy, Quinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

OUR SUPER BEST FRIENDS
WPR RPG-D Bordertown